Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) could integrate into your patient/athlete care. You had to buy expensive tools and attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of utilizing IASTM. Not anymore.
The term IASTM or “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation” is commonly paired with the image of steel tools and deep tissue work that can cause redness and bruising on the skin. FMT IASTM certification courses introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement with gentle soft tissue techniques. Some of the tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. There are many forms of ‘instruments or tools’ that can assist your manual therapy skills and save your hands! You don’t have to buy an expensive set of tools and attend a class that locks you into one way of utilizing IASTM on your patients or athletes.
FMT IASTM Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class.
FMT IASTM Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
FMT Blades – IASTM Certification
FMT BLADES introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Advanced – IASTM Certification
FMT Blades Advanced introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding and neuro-sensory pain* modulation via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered, along with a review of the concept of interlayer connective tissue gliding using a rubber sleeve for added tissue traction FMT Blades Advanced also addresses pain* modulation via specific mechano-reception stimulation using the novel hair comb attachment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a more advanced understanding of soft tissue techniques.
- Saturday September 19th, 2020 8AM-3PM CST
- Sunday September 20th , 2020 8AM-3PM CST
Virtual Classroom (we will send course link when we get closer to the course)
What do I need to attend a virtual classroom?
- The supplies we ship to you after you have registered
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or phone
- Reliable WIFI (>14Mbps-preferable more than 100)
- Products(Rockblades, Mohawk)
- Course Administrator Contact
Liz Frey, PTFCAMPT, MCISC(MANIP), MSc. PT, MSc, BPHE, BSc, MCPA Physiotherapist
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes both RockBlades and Mohawk) Saturday and Sunday $1080
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (education only) Saturday and Sunday $480
- FMT Blades (includes RockBlades) Saturday only $743
- FMT Blades (education only) Saturday only $240
- FMT Blades Advanced (Education only) Sunday only $240
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes education and Mohawk only) Saturday and Sunday $732
- FMT Blades and Blades Advanced (includes education and RockBlades only) Saturday and Sunday $983
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBWCBLDS0919" at checkout for 10% off until August 19, 2020.
- 15% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must Register By: The Friday the week before the course
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.
FMT Blades Course Outline (8AM – 3PM CST)
10 minute break
Ripple Effects of Fascia Lines
60 minute lunch break
FMT Blades Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 3PM CST)
10 minute break
The Glide Method – Grip and Glide
Cutaneous Nerve Entrapments: