Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape. You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape. Not anymore.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Advanced.
- Class supplies (tape, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, OT, LMTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
- You will need to have scissors readily available for the duration of this course.
- Saturday August 15th, 2020 8am-3pm CST
- Sunday August 16th, 2020 8am-3pm CST
Virtual Classroom (we will send course link when we get closer to the course)
What do I need to attend a virtual classroom?
- The supplies we ship to you after you have registered
- A desktop, laptop, tablet or phone
- Reliable WIFI (>14Mbps-preferable more than 100)
- Products(Rocktape, scissors)
- Course Administrator Contact
Liz Frey, FCAMPT, MCISC(MANIP), MSc. PT, MSc, BPHE, BSc, MCPA Physiotherapist
- FMT Basic - $240 Saturday
- FMT Advanced - $280 Sunday
- FMT Basic and Advanced - $480
- Early Bird Discount - use code "EBWCBA0815" at checkout for 10% off until July 15, 2020.
- 30% Student Discount - discount is available for current fulltime students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must Register By: The Friday the week before the course
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.
CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMT’s RMT’s Lac, Ots and personal trainers and more - depending on province, field and class type. As CEU accreditation varies from province and per governing bodies or associations we recommend you contact your local/ national governing body to validate. You can also email Julia Mitchell Education Coordinator at email@example.com for guidance. FMT Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissues techniques.
FMT Basic Course Outline (8AM – 3PM CST)
What is FMT?
10 minute break
60 minute lunch break
FMT Advanced Course Outline (8AM – 3PM CST)
Introduction to Tweak Taping Concepts and applications
60 minute LUNCH break
25% fee for